Pupil Premium Plan – Kemsley Primary Academy
Pupil premium is allocated to schools for children of statutory school age from low income families who are known to be eligible for Free School Meals (or have been in the last 6 years), children who are looked after and to children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces.
Our principles of fund allocation:
- We organise teaching and learning at Kemsley in order to meet the needs of all children in the best way. We strongly believe that every child deserves the very best education and we are highly passionate about all of our children meeting their potential. As a result, we allocate some pupil premium money to make sure all children have their needs met.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for every child, especially all vulnerable groups, and that socially disadvantaged children have their needs adequately assessed and met, both academically and pastorally.
- We recognise that not all children who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged and we also recognise that not all children that are disadvantaged have free school meals.
- We are aware that there are a growing number of families who could be classed as ‘just about managing’ who are not in receipt of pupil premium. We consider this group to be possibly disadvantaged.
- We carefully and robustly track how well Pupil premium pupils are achieving as a group, ensuring no child is left behind.
The ultimate objectives for our disadvantaged pupils are:
- To achieve attainment in line with non-disadvantaged pupils.
- To, where necessary, make accelerated progress.
- To develop disadvantaged pupils’ cultural capital.
- To ensure all stakeholders including disadvantaged pupils have high expectations of disadvantaged pupils
Our current pupil premium strategy plan work towards achieving the objectives by:
- Funding school uniform
- Helping to fund 11b411 experiences
- Funding educational workshops, school trips and travel
- Funding interventions and specialist support
- Funding additional hours for targeted support
- Funding for additional resources including electronic subscriptions
The Pupil Premium plan (on the right) sets out our 3 year strategic overview for pupil premium spend at Kemsley. In addition, it highlights the key actions for 2021/22. Assessment data informs the objectives, and is used to analyse success of actions.