Our Vision: Enjoy Achieve Celebrate—Creating opportunities for all children, to inspire a passion for a lifelong active lifestyle whilst developing skills for future learning.
Subject Leader: Mrs Franks
The National Curriculum Purpose of Study for PE:
“A high quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to success and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect”
PE at Kemsley:
We are enthusiastic about our learning in PE at Kemsley Primary Academy. We have lots of opportunities to take part in a range of different activities both during PE lessons and as part of extracurricular clubs. Our Sports council and our School Games Crew have been proactive in sharing their ideas on how we could improve things in the future and planning and leading sporting opportunities for their peers. They have acted as excellent role models in their leadership roles.
We are increasing the number of competitive sporting opportunities in response to what our pupils have told us they would like and we enjoy sharing these achievements and successes with our school community.
What we are good at:
- Giving our pupils the opportunity to take on leadership roles and become involved in sharing ideas for future improvements
- Making links with external coaches, clubs and schools and using these links to enhance provision
- Valuing PE in school and celebrating out sporting success with others
Things we are working on:
- Developing our swimming provision throughout the school to ensure all children leave at the end of year 6 meeting minimum requirements
- Developing how we use our assessments in PE to inform our future plans
- Developing the depth of knowledge and understanding of both our pupils and ourselves as teachers