Sports Premium Plan – Kemsley Primary Academy (2022/23)
Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sports.
The Sports Premium funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
“To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding. “
As a school we allocate our sports premium with the aim of ensuring an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for developing pupils’ parents’ and staff’s mental health and wellbeing
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Funding received Schools receive PE and Sports Premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. For 2022/23, Kemsley will receive a baseline payment of £17,800
The planned spend and impact for 2022/23 of £17,800 is detailed in the link below:
Sports Premium Plan 22-23 & Review 21-22
During the academic year 2021/22, the school received £17,790:
Swimming in July 2022, 70% of our Year 6 cohort were meeting the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, using a range of strokes effectively and performing self-rescue in different water based situations.