We teach children phonics through the ‘letters and sounds’ programme. Further information about this programme can be found by following the link below.
Please see below a list of useful websites for teaching and practising phonics skills:
– consonant and vowel recognition,
– initial consonant sounds,
– beginning and end blends,
– consonant diagraphs,
– silent letters,
– long vowel sounds,
– Phase 3 and 5 sounds.
a good selection of resources including worksheets and some interactive games. Covers-
– Phase 3 and 5 sounds
– Phase 6 work such as prefixes and suffixes, plurals and tense worksheets.
– extensive list of long vowel worksheets and games such as hangman.
Under word level section of literacy, a good selection of worksheets and powerpoints. Covers-
– Early phonics and alphabet work.
– Phase 6 work (plurals, tenses, prefixes/suffixes etc)
– some phase 3/4/5 sounds.
mix of very good interactive games and worksheets covering most phonic phases.